Home| FAQs| About Us| News / Blog| Privacy Policy| Business Info| Contact Us
Request a Call Back
Call Today

For further information Call RSR Law Today on 020 3633 4408* or use our Contact Form and we'll get back to you.

*9am to 6pm Mon-Fri or call 0330 022 8955 out of hours & weekends to register your case.

SRA Secure


Is your advice Free?

All our initial advice to assess your case is free. We can only advise on whether we feel you have a case and whether RSR Law are able or willing to help.

See How much will it cost? below for more info on funding your case.

Please Note: We can only evaluate your case with respect to whether (in our opinion) we feel you have a viable case and if we can represent you. Our advice cannot extend to other areas outside this remit.

What types of claims do you deal with?

RSR Law are specialists in all aspects of Employment Law including (but not limited to) discrimination, unfair dismissal, and disputes. We are also leading experts in Contesting a Will / Inheritance Claims. If you are unsure whether we can help contact us direct to ask your question. All case evaluations are free.

Where are your services available?

Our head office is based in South East London, and we represent clients in Croydon, South London, Surrey, and throughout the whole of England and Wales. We are not just limited to working in South East London, our specialist solicitors can help no matter where you are. Give us a call, our initial advice is free.

Are you registered under the Government Registration scheme?

Yes. RSR Law Ltd is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. (ID 607630).


Mediation is invaluable not just in Employment Dispute cases but also in Will Disputes / Contesting a Will. Whatever the type of claim the aim of mediation is the same; getting an amicable settlement whilst maintaining the relationship, be it a working relationship or a family one. RSR Law can provide representation for you in the mediation process.

Employment Law

What types of Employment Law cases do you deal with?

RSR Law are Employment Law specialists and deal with: Discrimination, Bullying, Unfair Dismissal, Tribunal Preparation, Contract Negotiation, Disciplinary Proceedings etc. If you are unsure whether we can help contact us direct to ask your question. All case evaluations are free.

How much will it cost?

All our funding options are at the lowest possible cost to you, whether you are covered by Legal Expense Insurance, or you require a pay as you go or even a fixed fee arrangement. All funding options will be discussed with you by the solicitor handling your case prior to entering into any agreement. Our initial advice is fee of charge.

What is Legal Expense Insurance (LEI)?

Legal Expense Insurance or LEI is Insurance which will cover all and any costs associated with legal proceedings. You may have such insurance with your home or car insurance provider. If you have this cover we may be able to use it to fund your case.

What is a settlement or compromise agreement?

Compromise agreements are generally drawn up to record the terms of settlement of an employment dispute. It is a legally binding document that both sides have to agree and adhere.

If you have any questions including how to fund your case then contact us for a FREE consultation. RSR Law can assist in considering, advising on and finalising compromise agreements.

How long do I have to claim?

Please be aware that you generally have 3 months less one day from the date of dismissal or the date of any discrimination.

Contest a Will

How much will it cost?

All our initial advice to assess your case is free. If possible we will deal with your case under a No Win No Fee agreement. In some cases we may charge an initial fee if investigation is required, however this will be discussed and agreed prior to any work being undertaken.

If No Win No Fee is not available other funding options are available. Our solicitor's will advise if any costs will be involved in contesting the will from the very start.

Please Note: We can only evaluate your case with respect to whether (in our opinion) we feel you have a viable case and if we can represent you. Our advice cannot extend to other areas outside this remit.

What is No Win No Fee?

No Win No Fee also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) simply means we will not charge you for our services if your case is lost. Disbursements and some costs may have to be paid, but this will be highlighted to you prior to any agreement. Exact details will depend on availability and the details of your case and will be explained in full before entering into any agreement.

What is "Contesting a Will"?

A Will can be contested where it is believed to have been made fraudulently, or was made under duress or the person did not have the mental capacity to make it. A claim can also be made under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975 by a spouse/child/civil partner of the deceased who believe that reasonable provision has not been made for them in the Will and they have a financial need or a need for maintenance.

Timescale to Contest

Does the Deceased have to have lived in England or Wales?

Yes, it is only possible to contest a will if the deceased was a resident of England or Wales.

Do you deal with claims in any part of the country?

RSR law deals with claims across the whole of England and Wales. The initial investigations will be conducted over the telephone and you will be given direct contact details of the team dealing with your case. If needed the solicitor will come to see you to discuss your case.

What is the Grant of Representation?

There are three main types of grant of representation, each of which are simply the Court's authority to the executor giving them permission to administer the deceased's estate.

  1. Grant of Probate - if there is an executor willing to act.
  2. Grant of Letters of Administration - if there is no Will.
  3. Grant of Letters of Administration with will annexed - if there is a Will but none of the executors are willing to act.

Collectively these are known as Grant of Representation. In the majority of cases it will be the Grant of Probate issued, more commonly known as just Probate.

What is a Standing Search?

A search can be made with the Probate Office to see if a Grant of Probate has been issued AND if there is a Will. In a situation where is no Will and / or if Grant of Probate has not been issued you can ask the Probate Registry to carry out a 'Standing Search'. This is valid for 6 months and if Probate is granted within this period, the Registry will notify you and provide a copy of the Grant and Will (if there is one).

Do you defend a Will Challenge?

Yes, RSR Law are expert in Contesting Wills and perfectly set to defend a Will Challenge. Contact us to discuss your requirements.

Can I Contest a Will?

I am not related to the deceased can I still contest the will?

This is only possible if you have sufficient evidence to back your claim; for example you were dependent on them financially; received maintenance, were 'treated as a child', or were a co-habitee.

I have had little contact with my parent in years and have been left nothing in their will?

If you have been estranged from the deceased (i.e. not spoken to for several years), it may still be possible to contest their will, however this will depend on your circumstances, and we would need to assess your case.

A grandchild has not been left money by their grandparents can they (or their parent) contest the will?

Unless the grandchild is the sole living relative, was living with the grandparents, treated as a child, or dependent on them financially it will not be possible to contest the will under the Inheritance Act.

Can I get my inheritance increased because I am looking after the deceased's pet?

No. It will not be possible to get any inheritance increased or be made a beneficiary due to looking after a pet.

Published Articles - Contesting a Will

For more information on contesting a will please read our published articles:

1) Contesting a Will - Know the FACTS

2) Timescale for Contesting a Will Under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975

3) Contesting a Will in England and Wales

    Request a Call Back

    or call us on 020 3633 4408 9am to 6pm Mon-Fri ( 0330 022 8955 Out of Hours & Weekends ) to register your claim

  • UK ONLY CORRECT FORMAT "name@example.com"
  • Max 1000 Characters"
  • *Required Field